Monday, January 2, 2017

Dear 4A,

I hope everyone had a good holiday season. My house was full with all my children which includes a future daughter-in-law : ) I was also able to visit my mom in Virginia for a week. So, all in all, my break was really good.

As we gear up for a new quarter, there are a few things to keep in mind. First there are parent/teacher conferences tomorrow and Wednesday. I look forward to seeing you there. The students are only in school on Thursday and Friday this week and most of that will be taken up with "The Midnight Ride of Paul Revere" recitations. We will begin reading The Wonderful Wizard of Oz on Monday, January 9th, so please have a copy of it for your student. (The correct book cover is in the left margin.)

This quarter we will be studying meteorology in science, decimals in math, and Arizona in history. We will go to the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM) on February 17th and hear parts of an opera on Great Hearts Day (February 14th). Our class picture day is January 20th.

On February 9th, we will start to go to our school library as a class. Each Monday, the students will be able to check out books from there. They will even be able to peruse the titles online at home.

With cold and flu season coming up, we could use donations of  tissue boxes, hand sanitizer, and antibacterial wipes.

I'm looking forward to this next quarter. As always, thank you for entrusting your child with me, it is a blessing to be their teacher!
Mrs. Gore