My last post of the year! What a joy it has been to be your child's teacher. It is always bittersweet this time of year. After all this time bonding and learning from each other, it's time to let go and send them off to become 5th graders. How they've grown in mind, spirit, and body!
This will be an action-packed week.
- Monday is a full day. Tuesday -Friday are early release days (dismissed at 12:30). There are no clubs this week.
- Monday-Wednesday (May 21-23) - Historical figure presentations - including souvenir
- Thursday (May 24) - History Field Day (uniforms are mandatory, wear sunscreen)
- Also on Thursday: 5th grade commencement 6:30-8:00
- Friday (May 25) - Kinder commencement 11:00-12:30
- Friday, May 25th - Last day of school
- Friday (June 1) - Q4 evaluations posted at 3:00
We will finish up our unit on poetry and enjoy participating in Reader's Theater. We will have Spalding this week, with a test on Friday.
In math, we will finish the unit on graphs and do a perimeter/area activity.
We will finish our study of germs and the body, in science.
This week in history students will present their historical figure research on Monday-Wednesday. Final typed drafts of the research essay are due on Tuesday. On Thursday we will have our end of the year celebration!
I'm glad that I'll get to see many of you on Thursday at our history celebration. Thank you to all who are donating their time, food, and props so that it will be a success!
Thank you for a GREAT year!