Monday, August 1, 2016

Dear Parents,

I am excited to welcome you to 4A and a new school year at Archway Lincoln! I will be your child’s teacher this year for 4th grade and I am looking forward to meeting you and your child and beginning the new school year.

This will be my second year teaching 4th grade at Lincoln. Prior to teaching here, I taught my 5 children at home. I am honored to have been at Lincoln from its start and look forward to collaborating with my colleagues again this year to provide your children with a rigorous, highly formative, and enjoyable year.

Joining me this year as my teaching assistant is Mrs. Laura Ryan. I know she will be a delightful presence in 4A and I am looking forward to partnering with her this year.

Please note the following important information:

Dates:
August 3 - Meet the Teacher Night at 5:00 p.m.
August 4 - 2016/2017 School Year Begins (doors open at 7:40 a.m., the day begins at 8:00 a.m. but please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the start of school)

Lunches:
No hot lunches will be served until August 15, so please be sure to pack a snack, a lunch, and water bottle for your child each day. Please be sure to label your child’s lunchbox and water bottle with their first and last name.

Labeling and Supplies:
  • Please label your child’s water bottle and lunchbox with their name.
  • Please label your child’s outer wear with their name (sweaters, pullovers, etc.)
  • Please clearly label your child’s binder, notebooks, folders, pencil pouches, colored pencils/markers, erasers, sharpeners, and all books from the consumables list. 
  • Please bring school supplies to Meet the Teacher Night.
  • Singapore math books will be distributed at school.

If you have received this welcome letter and your child will not be attending Archway Lincoln this year, please contact Rachel Minde, office manager, immediately at: Rminde@archwaylincoln.org so s/he can be withdrawn from the roles.

Our curriculum is rigorous and interesting. Your child will be studying subjects that range from the Middle Ages to meteorology, phonograms to French, narration to navigation and many things in between. Mrs. Ryan and I look forward to helping your child transition from third grade to fourth grade.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. My email is lgore@archwaylincoln.org and Mrs. Ryan’s is lryan@archwaylincoln.org

I send out weekly updates and information on my blog. Please sign up to follow the blog by email, this is a very effective way to know what is going on in your child’s classroom. Go all the way to the bottom of this blog site to sign up to follow it.

Warmly,
Mrs. Gore